Friday 25 November 2011

Crazy Cake

After this weeks hiccup, I need to get back into both this blog and my baking.  Allergies really do rule the roost here, and this is our standby, make in a couple of minutes cake that we all love.  I got the recipe from the dietitians at Kids First way back when Emma was first diagnosed with multiple food allergies.  And it really is crazy that a cake made from these ingredients can be so good.

1 1/2 c plain flour
2 Tbsp cocoa
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 c sugar
1/2 cup oil (I use Rice Bran Oil)
3/4 c water
2 Tbsp Vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar)
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 190C
Sift dry ingredients together, then add wet ingredients
Mix well to a smooth batter
Pour into greased or lined tin (about 20 cm square or makes about 10 muffins)
Bake for about 30 minutes for cake or about 15  for muffins until cooked
Allow to cool int in before turning onto rack.
You can just serve as it is, or top with icing sugar, or ice - whatever you feel like for the occasion!




We use this recipe regularly and everyone loves it.  It is so quick you can whip it up for school lunches first thing in the morning.  It is such a moist and tasty cake and I have never had a failure.  I have made it gluten free and even though it was quite flat, it still tasted good and the kids all gobbled it up.  I have even made it sugar free (by accident) and it still tasted good.  It really is the bomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment