Friday 6 May 2011

The best cake ever!

Yesterday I was looking for some new recipes on the net.  I find that the vegan websites have some great recipes and this was seriously one of the nicest cakes I have ever had.  It is chocolatey and not too sweet and fudgey and yummy.

Chocolate Blueberry Cake

225g sugar
4 dessertspoons cocoa powder (mine were really heaped)
pinch salt
225g white flour
85 g wholemeal flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
170 ml oil (I use Rice Bran oil)
2 tsp vanilla essence
4 tsp vinegar (I used Malt)
340 ml cold water
115g frozen blueberries (can use fresh)

1. place the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.  Add the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly but do not beat.
2. Gently stir in the blueberries and pour into prepared tin.
3. Bake at180C for about 30-40 minutes.  Cool in tin (Very soft cake, mine broke when I took it out)
4. Can also bake in sandwich tins and add chocolate spread/icing/jam to sandwich together.

I served it dredged with icing sugar and with Apple puree on the side and a couple of blueberries to garnish.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum, it sounds delicious. Chocolate and blueberry is a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete