Sunday 2 October 2011

I'm back

It's been a busy few weeks.  I have been busy training to be a waterwise instructor and passed my exam yesterday.  Waterwise is a neat program run by the schools around here to teach kids water confidence and how to sail.  Now I'm a total novice on yachts, but have always wanted to learn to sail so I seized the opportunity to learn something new, and to help teach kids, which is something I am really passionate about.

 Also last month our trusty (or should that be rusty?) old oven had a melt down and has been non-operational.  After trying hard to fix it and spending many an hour cleaning the old thing, yesterday Hubby went out and bought a new oven.  Very exciting, now just have to wait for an electrician to install it, then I can bake again.

Our new oven

Emma has finished a wonderful season of Netball.  She was one of the top goal scorers for her team this year and her team finished in the middle of the table.



September was definitely the month of "Party Rock Anthem".  My kids could be seen breaking into dance regularly.  It all stemmed from a year 5 item assembly item at school that Bear's class helped with and the girls just loved it, even breaking out into dance in a public place - Gotta love that



Our new puppy is getting bigger and cuter.  Everyone is in love with him, even Emma who was so unsure at the begining, and even though he chews everything in sight - Check out his blanket.


And finally, I couldnt mention September without mentioning the Rugby World Cup.  We took the kids to the Australia Italy game at North Harbour Stadium and became Italian's for the afternoon.  Hubby and Dan  took Gran and Uncle Buncle to the Ireland Russia game in Rotorua and the TV has been glued to Sky Sports at every available point and it has been awesome to see so many cool games.  PS I dont really get into Rugby usually, but am married to a sports fanatic so have had to adjust and have surprised myself that I have actually enjoyed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment