Sunday 8 January 2012

What Emma ate

Menu Planning  

I've been trying to do it for the last year or two, but this year I am going to make it happen.  2012 is the year to get my act together and get organised.  I know menu planning saves money and I know it makes life easier.  On Monday this week I planned my menu and then did the groceries.  Not only did we eat well, but we came in right on budget as well.

This is what we ate this week:

Mexican Mince with Rice, salad and guacamole
Chicken and Tomato Pasta
Cajun style fish'n'chips with salad
Home made burgers with roast vege chips
Asian style pork noodles
Pumpkin and Chick pea curry with rice and poppadoms
Corned Silverside beef with mashed potatoes, carrots, beans and spinach

pumpkin and chickpea curry - recipe here -
not my photo

Emma's snacks have been Orgran's itsey bitsey bears (left over from being away), Healtheries Rice Wafers with olivani and vegemite, chocolate chippies (made by Dan), Banana,Blueberry and chocolate chip muffins, sultana's, carrot sticks, nectarines, plums and oranges.

Breakfast has been Weetbix with hot water & sugar, Emma style coco-pops (ricies with hot choc mix and hot water) and home made waffles with blueberries and banana.


This week Emma has enjoyed various sandwiches for lunch - filling included red onion and tomato, hot beef, hummus, sweetcorn and baked beans.

And just to make sure I keep on being organised, I even tidied out my pantry!



Now all I have to do is think about next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment