Saturday 7 April 2012

Thinking out loud.

Um.  Hello.  Long time, no see.

Yes it has all been a bit quiet over here in our bloggy land.

Hubby has been away lots (his mum has terminal cancer) and I have been finding out first hand how hard solo parenting of three kids and a dog is.  But these are mere excuses.  Truth is my bloggy mojo went.  I'm not sure if it is back or not but I thought I would try and put something out there.

Gotta love these three 
When I started this blog my intention was to provided recipes and information for allergy families.  When I had Emma, I couldn't find information or recipes anywhere.  After years of searching the internet, I stumbled across the lovely blog Delissimon.  Mon's girls went to kindy with my girls and I was so inspired by her story.  After checking out many of her fave blogs, I decided that I could do it too.  It's not that hard to write some words and upload some photos is it?  Well I guess the answer is yes it actually is.  You have to think about blogging when you are doing things, you need to take photos when you are doing things and then you need to sit down and find the words and bring it all together.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.


I've needed a few of these...It is not healthy, it's a wine slushy!

Now I have a decision to make.  Do I leave my blog and my intentions alone and forget I ever tried?  Or do I make a commitment to my blog and post regularly?  Thing is, I get a real buzz out of writing, always have.  And I love taking photo's.  And I love information on Allergies and Eczema.  These two topics have taken over our life for almost 10 years. So I guess there isn't any question of forgetting about my blog and I have to commit to making it work.

And sometimes Sausage Rolls and tomato sauce just hit the spot
Thing is I'm lazy.  And I mean L.A.Z.Y.  If I can get away with not doing something I wont do it.  I'm not a supaMum.  I'm getting by but things have been getting me down a lot lately.  Being on my own with the kids is hard. You don't realise just how much that extra pair of hands is needed until it is not there.  We are so spoilt on a daily basis coz hubby works from home, with him away I have to drag all the kids everywhere I need to go.

Guacamole and corn chips - the ultimate lazy, yet kinda healthy afternoon tea

So now it's Easter time.  A great celebration of rebith.  A chance to eat lots of chocolate.  A hard time to be an allergy kid.  Whilst I can go out and by lots of easter eggs for the other two, finding Emma safe treats is usually not so easy.  But this year there are these



And better still, I don't have to traipse all over town coz they are available at my local New World supermarket.  A big thank you to the wonderful Robyn (Emma's Girls Brigade Leader) who told me about them.  Finally Emma will be able to have a fun easter egg hunt with her siblings and get to eat what she finds.  And I am also so lucky that Emma is not gluten free.  Where would Easter be without hot cross buns.  Usually I make my own but this year I've been too lazy so we have been scoffing these ones down regularly.



Well that's about it for now.

Thanks for reading.

Barbs x.

2 comments:

  1. Oh hon, I don't think you are lazy at all!!! Don't give up blogging if you can - I for one love reading your posts, but don't put the pressure on yourself if you feel its one more thing to do. I hope you enjoy the holidays. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just remembered that I have some of those bunnies stashed away at the back of the pantry! Oops. Glad I saw your ones. Oh well don't think the kids will mind having more chocolate! I can't be bothered blogging sometimes too and want to pack it all in. But I do get so much pleasure from taking pictures and then being able to do something with them. I'm much too lazy to do scrap booking or actually go to get them printed out. Just give yourself permission to take a break or just do it when you feel like it. Especially when things are busy at home it's hard to make the time.

    ReplyDelete