Sunday 19 January 2014

Loving Jamie

I've always loved Jamie Oliver ever since he started on the telly.

For Christmas I got his latest book -Save with Jamie.




Hubby & I have been competing to cook recipes from it.

One of the things we love about this book as all his ideas to use up left overs.  One of my goals for this year is to be more organised.  I've always been pretty good at using things up but last year was a shocker for our family in many ways and this book is going to be my go to cook book for the year.  In fact when we needed a plate to take out to a friends surprise birthday party last night, the first thing hubby said is "Better check Jamie then".  It is almost like he is becoming a member of our family.  Even if we dont end up using his exact recipe, he has fantastic ideas and is a great place to start.

In order to be more organised, this week I put a beef bolar roast in the crock pot just so I could make his Tagine recipe.  It is a simple combination of beef, dried fruit, chick peas, tomatoes and spices.  To serve, you pop the tagine onto a bed of couscous and then top with a simple carrot, mint and orange salad.  Hubby made this at christmas time with all the correct ingredients, I substituted the dried apricots with dates as that was all I had in the pantry.  It was probably a bit sweeter this time, but still so very, very yummy and so easy to make.


The thing I love most about Jamie is his take on simple healthy eating and this meal has it all.  And when you go back to the more basic ingredients these stunning foods become safe for my allergy kid.

Joing in with Things I'm Loving this week.

Thanks for Reading

Barbs x.




1 comment:

  1. We love Jamie in this house too - great to challenge yourself to be wiser with using up leftovers too - often you end up with something even more tasty second time round I reckon!

    ReplyDelete