Friday 22 March 2013

Watch This Space

On Monday Emma is having a food challenge at Starship Hospital to see if she can tolerate Egg in baking.  Super Exciting and Super scary all rolled into one.  Her Egg RAST results have dropped quite dramatically in the last 18 months - from 56 to 16.  And the new test for the Ovomucoid IgE (for egg in baking) is 17 which is still high but they are keen to test her.

So on Sunday I have to bake her some muffins with an egg in them.  That will be a different experience.  I haven't baked those for years.  She has requested I make her favourite blueberry and chocolate ones.

And then on Monday, Emma has to eat them at Starship over a 4 hour test to see if she can tolerate it.

Wish us luck.

Barbs x.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I cried baking the dairy muffins for Reuben last year. I didn't expect to but was suddenly overwhelmed by tears. I'll be crossing my fingers for you Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!....goodluck with everything tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete